Synonyms of deal
- 1. deal, trade, business deal, transaction, dealing, dealings
- usage: a particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he's a master of the business deal"
- 2. bargain, deal, agreement, understanding
- usage: an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each; "he made a bargain with the devil"; "he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
- 3. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- 4. deal, board, plank
- usage: a plank of softwood (fir or pine board)
- 5. softwood, deal, wood
- usage: wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
- 6. hand, deal, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; "I didn't hold a good hand all evening"; "he kept trying to see my hand"
- 7. deal, result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination
- usage: the type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement); "he got a good deal on his car"
- 8. deal, distribution
- usage: the act of distributing playing cards; "the deal was passed around the table clockwise"
- 9. deal, allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
- usage: the act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
- 1. cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address, broach, initiate
- usage: act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- 2. consider, take, deal, look at, think about
- usage: take into consideration for exemplifying purposes; "Take the case of China"; "Consider the following case"
- 3. deal, act, move
- usage: take action with respect to (someone or something); "How are we going to deal with this problem?"; "The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students"
- 4. cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage, act, move
- usage: come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- 5. distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out, give
- usage: administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- 6. deal, sell, trade, transact
- usage: do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
- 7. manage, deal, care, handle, control, command
- usage: be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
- 8. deal, behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry
- usage: behave in a certain way towards others; "He deals fairly with his employees"
- 9. deal, distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out
- usage: distribute cards to the players in a game; "Who's dealing?"
- 10. conduct, carry on, deal, manage, deal, care, handle
- usage: direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
- 11. share, divvy up, portion out, apportion, deal, distribute, give out, hand out, pass out
- usage: give out as one's portion or share
- 12. deal, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: give (a specific card) to a player; "He dealt me the Queen of Spades"
- 13. deal, deal, sell, trade
- usage: sell; "deal hashish"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of deal (Dictionary)