Synonyms of death
- 1. death, decease, expiry, change, alteration, modification
- usage: the event of dying or departure from life; "her death came as a terrible shock"; "upon your decease the capital will pass to your grandchildren"
- 2. death, organic phenomenon
- usage: the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism; "the animal died a painful death"
- 3. death, state
- usage: the absence of life or state of being dead; "he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- 4. death, dying, demise, end, ending
- usage: the time when something ends; "it was the death of all his plans"; "a dying of old hopes"
- 5. death, last, end, ending
- usage: the time at which life ends; continuing until dead; "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
- 6. Death
- usage: the personification of death; "Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city"
- 7. end, destruction, death, state
- usage: a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
- 8. death, killing, kill, putting to death
- usage: the act of killing; "he had two deaths on his conscience"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of death (Dictionary)