- 1. argument, argumentation, debate, discussion, give-and-take, word
- usage: a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal; "the argument over foreign aid goes on and on"
- 2. debate, disputation, public debate, public speaking, speechmaking, speaking, oral presentation
- usage: the formal presentation of a stated proposition and the opposition to it (usually followed by a vote)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. debate, consider, debate, moot, turn over, deliberate
- usage: argue with one another; "We debated the question of abortion"; "John debated Mary"
- 2. consider, debate, moot, turn over, deliberate, hash out, discuss, talk over
- usage: think about carefully; weigh; "They considered the possibility of a strike"; "Turn the proposal over in your mind"
- 3. debate, deliberate, hash out, discuss, talk over
- usage: discuss the pros and cons of an issue
- 4. argue, contend, debate, fence, converse, discourse
- usage: have an argument about something
All rights reserved.
See also: debate (Dictionary)