- 1. dead person, dead soul, deceased person, deceased, decedent, departed, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who is no longer alive; "I wonder what the dead person would have done"
- 1. die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one's chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it, change state, turn
- usage: pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. asleep(predicate), at peace(predicate), at rest(predicate), deceased, departed, gone, dead (vs. alive)
- usage: dead; "he is deceased"; "our dear departed friend"
All rights reserved.
See also: deceased (Dictionary)