WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decision, determination, conclusion, choice, selection, option, pick
- usage: the act of making up your mind about something; "the burden of decision was his"; "he drew his conclusions quickly"
- 2. decision, determination, conclusion, judgment, judgement, mind
- usage: a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration; "a decision unfavorable to the opposition"; "his conclusion took the evidence into account"; "satisfied with the panel's determination"
- 3. decision, result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination
- usage: (boxing) a victory won on points when no knockout has occurred; "had little trouble in taking a unanimous decision over his opponent"
- 4. decision, result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination
- usage: the outcome of a game or contest; "the team dropped three decisions in a row"
- 5. decisiveness, decision, resoluteness, firmness, firmness of purpose, resolve, resolution
- usage: the trait of resoluteness as evidenced by firmness of character or purpose; "a man of unusual decisiveness"
All rights reserved.
See also: decision (Dictionary)