- 1. decrease, lessening, drop-off, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a change downward; "there was a decrease in his temperature as the fever subsided"; "there was a sharp drop-off in sales"
- 2. decrease, decrement, process, physical process
- usage: a process of becoming smaller or shorter
- 3. decrease, decrement, amount
- usage: the amount by which something decreases
- 4. decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down, change of magnitude
- usage: the act of decreasing or reducing something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decrease, diminish, lessen, fall, change magnitude
- usage: decrease in size, extent, or range; "The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester"; "The cabin pressure fell dramatically"; "her weight fell to under a hundred pounds"; "his voice fell to a whisper"
- 2. decrease, lessen, minify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make smaller; "He decreased his staff"
All rights reserved.
See also: decrease (Dictionary)