- 1. decrease, diminish, lessen, fall, change magnitude
- usage: decrease in size, extent, or range; "The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester"; "The cabin pressure fell dramatically"; "her weight fell to under a hundred pounds"; "his voice fell to a whisper"
- 2. decrease, lessen, minify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make smaller; "He decreased his staff"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decreasing (vs. increasing), depreciating, depreciative, depreciatory, detractive, diminishing, dwindling, tapering, tapering off, falling
- usage: becoming less or smaller
- 2. decreasing (vs. increasing), allargando, calando, decrescendo, diminuendo, rallentando, ritardando, ritenuto, rit.
- usage: music
All rights reserved.
See also: decreasing (Dictionary)