Synonyms of decree
- 1. decree, edict, fiat, order, rescript, act, enactment
- usage: a legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge); "a friend in New Mexico said that the order caused no trouble out there"
- 1. decree, declare
- usage: issue a decree; "The King only can decree"
- 2. rule, decree, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: decide with authority; "The King decreed that all firstborn males should be killed"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of decree (Dictionary)