WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. give, dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one's talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
- 2. dedicate, inaugurate, kick off
- usage: open to public use, as of a highway, park, or building; "The Beauty Queen spends her time dedicating parks and nursing homes"
- 3. dedicate, give, render
- usage: inscribe or address by way of compliment; "She dedicated her book to her parents"
- 4. dedicate, assign, specify, set apart
- usage: set apart to sacred uses with solemn rites, of a church
All rights reserved.
See also: dedicate (Dictionary)