Synonyms of deduction
- 1. tax write-off, tax deduction, deduction, write-off, write-down
- usage: a reduction in the gross amount on which a tax is calculated; reduces taxes by the percentage fixed for the taxpayer's income bracket
- 2. deduction, discount, allowance, adjustment
- usage: an amount or percentage deducted
- 3. deduction, entailment, implication, inference, illation
- usage: something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied); "his resignation had political implications"
- 4. deduction, deductive reasoning, synthesis, reasoning, logical thinking, abstract thought
- usage: reasoning from the general to the particular (or from cause to effect)
- 5. subtraction, deduction, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: the act of subtracting (removing a part from the whole); "he complained about the subtraction of money from their paychecks"
- 6. discount, price reduction, deduction, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: the act of reducing the selling price of merchandise
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of deduction (Dictionary)