Synonyms of defile
- 1. defile, gorge, pass, mountain pass, notch
- usage: a narrow pass (especially one between mountains)
- 1. defile, sully, corrupt, taint, cloud, mar, impair, spoil, deflower, vitiate
- usage: place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone's reputation"
- 2. tarnish, stain, maculate, sully, defile, spot, fleck, blob, blot
- usage: make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
- 3. foul, befoul, defile, maculate, dishonor, disgrace, dishonour, attaint, shame
- usage: spot, stain, or pollute; "The townspeople defiled the river by emptying raw sewage into it"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of defile (Dictionary)