- 1. delight, delectation, pleasure, pleasance
- usage: a feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction; "his delight to see her was obvious to all"
- 2. joy, delight, pleasure, positive stimulus
- usage: something or someone that provides a source of happiness; "a joy to behold"; "the pleasure of his company"; "the new car is a delight"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. please, delight, satisfy, gratify
- usage: give pleasure to or be pleasing to; "These colors please the senses"; "a pleasing sensation"
- 2. delight, enjoy, revel
- usage: take delight in; "he delights in his granddaughter"
- 3. enchant, enrapture, transport, enthrall, ravish, enthral, delight, please, delight
- usage: hold spellbound
All rights reserved.
See also: delight (Dictionary)