WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. word picture, word-painting, delineation, depiction, picture, characterization, characterisation, description, verbal description
- usage: a graphic or vivid verbal description; "too often the narrative was interrupted by long word pictures"; "the author gives a depressing picture of life in Poland"; "the pamphlet contained brief characterizations of famous Vermonters"
- 2. delineation, depiction, limning, line drawing, drawing
- usage: a drawing of the outlines of forms or objects
- 3. depiction, delineation, portrayal, pictorial representation, picturing
- usage: representation by drawing or painting etc
All rights reserved.
See also: delineation (Dictionary)