WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. democratic (vs. undemocratic), antiauthoritarian, classless, egalitarian, parliamentary, parliamentary, participatory, popular, representative, republican, elective#1, elected
- usage: characterized by or advocating or based upon the principles of democracy or social equality; "democratic government"; "a democratic country"; "a democratic scorn for bloated dukes and lords"- George du Maurier
- 2. Democratic
- usage: belong to or relating to the Democratic Party; "Democratic senator"
- 3. democratic, popular, common (vs. uncommon)
- usage: representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large; "democratic art forms"; "a democratic or popular movement"; "popular thought"; "popular science"; "popular fiction"
All rights reserved.
See also: democratic (Dictionary)