Synonyms of demoralizing
- 1. corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect, change, alter, modify
- usage: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- 2. depress, deject, cast down, get down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise, discourage
- usage: lower someone's spirits; make downhearted; "These news depressed her"; "The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her"
- 3. demoralize, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: confuse or put into disorder; "the boss's behavior demoralized everyone in the office"
- 1. demoralizing, demoralising, disheartening, dispiriting, discouraging (vs. encouraging)
- usage: destructive of morale and self-reliance
All rights reserved.