WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. go, go away, depart, exit, go out, get out, leave
- usage: move away from a place into another direction; "Go away before I start to cry"; "The train departs at noon"
- 2. deviate, vary, diverge, depart, differ
- usage: be at variance with; be out of line with
- 3. depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave; "The family took off for Florida"
- 4. depart, take leave, quit, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: go away or leave
- 5. leave, depart, pull up stakes, change
- usage: remove oneself from an association with or participation in; "She wants to leave"; "The teenager left home"; "She left her position with the Red Cross"; "He left the Senate after two terms"; "after 20 years with the same company, she pulled up stakes"
- 6. sidetrack, depart, digress, straggle, deviate, divert
- usage: wander from a direct or straight course
All rights reserved.
See also: depart (Dictionary)