WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. department, section, division
- usage: a specialized division of a large organization; "you'll find it in the hardware department"; "she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury"
- 2. department, administrative district, administrative division, territorial division
- usage: the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France)
- 3. department, sector, sphere
- usage: a specialized sphere of knowledge; "baking is not my department"; "his work established a new department of literature"
All rights reserved.
See also: department (Dictionary)