WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reliable (vs. unreliable), dependable (vs. undependable), certain, sure, tested, time-tested, tried, tried and true, undeviating, trustworthy#1, trusty
- usage: worthy of reliance or trust; "a reliable source of information"; "a dependable worker"
- 2. dependable, honest, reliable, true(predicate), trustworthy (vs. untrustworthy), trusty
- usage: worthy of being depended on; "a dependable worker"; "an honest working stiff"; "a reliable sourcSFLe of information"; "he was true to his word"; "I would be true for there are those who trust me"
- 3. dependable, rock-steady, steady-going, steady (vs. unsteady)
- usage: consistent in performance or behavior; "dependable in one's habits"; "a steady-going family man"
- 4. dependable, good, safe, secure, sound (vs. unsound)
- usage: financially sound; "a good investment"; "a secure investment"
All rights reserved.
See also: dependable (Dictionary)