Synonyms of depress
- 1. depress, deject, cast down, get down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise, discourage
- usage: lower someone's spirits; make downhearted; "These news depressed her"; "The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her"
- 2. depress, lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down
- usage: lower (prices or markets); "The glut of oil depressed gas prices"
- 3. lower, depress, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to drop or sink; "The lack of rain had depressed the water level in the reservoir"
- 4. press down, depress, move, displace
- usage: press down; "Depress the space key"
- 5. depress, weaken
- usage: lessen the activity or force of; "The rising inflation depressed the economy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of depress (Dictionary)