Synonyms of derelict
- 1. derelict, pauper
- usage: a person without a home, job, or property
- 2. abandoned ship, derelict, ship
- usage: a ship abandoned on the high seas
- 1. creaky, decrepit, derelict, flea-bitten, run-down, woebegone, worn (vs. new)
- usage: worn and broken down by hard use; "a creaky shack"; "a decrepit bus...its seats held together with friction tape"; "a flea-bitten sofa"; "a run-down neighborhood"; "a woebegone old shack"
- 2. abandoned, derelict, deserted, uninhabited (vs. inhabited)
- usage: forsaken by owner or inhabitants ; "weed-grown yard of an abandoned farmhouse"
- 3. derelict, delinquent, neglectful, remiss, negligent (vs. diligent)
- usage: failing in what duty requires; "derelict (or delinquent) in his duty"; "neglectful of his duties"; "remiss of you not to pay your bills"
- 4. bedraggled, broken-down, derelict, dilapidated, ramshackle, tatterdemalion, tumble-down, damaged (vs. undamaged)
- usage: in deplorable condition; "a street of bedraggled tenements"; "a broken-down fence"; "a ramshackle old pier"; "a tumble-down shack"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of derelict (Dictionary)