WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deduce, infer, deduct, derive, reason, reason out, conclude
- usage: reason by deduction; establish by deduction
- 2. derive, gain, obtain
- usage: obtain; "derive pleasure from one's garden"
- 3. derive, evolve
- usage: come from; "The present name derives from an older form"
- 4. derive, educe, make, create
- usage: develop or evolve from a latent or potential state
- 5. derive, come, descend
- usage: come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example; "She was descended from an old Italian noble family"; "he comes from humble origins"
All rights reserved.
See also: derive (Dictionary)