- 1. desert, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel, biome
- usage: arid land with little or no vegetation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abandon, forsake, desolate, desert, leave
- usage: leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch; "The mother deserted her children"
- 2. defect, desert, flee, fly, take flight
- usage: desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army; "If soldiers deserted Hitler's army, they were shot"
- 3. desert, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave behind; "the students deserted the campus after the end of exam period"
All rights reserved.
See also: desert (Dictionary)