- 1. desire, want
- usage: feel or have a desire for; want strongly; "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"
- 2. hope, trust, desire, wish
- usage: expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
- 3. desire, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: express a desire for
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coveted, desired, in demand(predicate), sought after, desirable (vs. undesirable)
- usage: greatly desired
- 2. craved, desired, wanted (vs. unwanted)
- usage: wanted intensely; "the child could no longer resist taking one of the craved cookies"; "it produced the desired effect"
All rights reserved.
See also: desired (Dictionary)