WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. despotic, despotical
- usage: belonging to or having the characteristics of a despot
- 2. despotic, undemocratic (vs. democratic)
- usage: ruled by or characteristic of a despot; "moved from a feudal to a despotic order"; "his administration was arrogant and despotic"
- 3. authoritarian, autocratic, dictatorial, despotic, tyrannic, tyrannical, undemocratic (vs. democratic)
- usage: characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty; "an authoritarian regime"; "autocratic government"; "despotic rulers"; "a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"; "a tyrannical government"
All rights reserved.
See also: despotic (Dictionary)