Synonyms of destiny
- 1. destiny, fate, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future
- 2. destiny, fate, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: the ultimate agency regarded as predetermining the course of events (often personified as a woman); "we are helpless in the face of destiny"
- 3. fortune, destiny, fate, luck, lot, circumstances, portion, condition
- usage: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of destiny (Dictionary)