Synonyms of detached
- 1. detach, disconnect
- usage: cause to become detached or separated; take off; "detach the skin from the chicken before you eat it"
- 2. detach, separate, divide
- usage: separate (a small unit) from a larger, especially for a special assignment; "detach a regiment"
- 3. detach, come off, come away, separate, divide, part
- usage: come to be detached; "His retina detached and he had to be rushed into surgery"
- 1. degage, detached, uninvolved, unconcerned (vs. concerned)
- usage: showing lack of emotional involvement; "adopted a degage pose on the arm of the easy chair"- J.S.Perelman; "she may be detached or even unfeeling but at least she's not hypocritically effusive"; "an uninvolved bystander"
- 2. detached, isolated, separated, set-apart, separate (vs. joint)
- usage: being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
- 3. detached, separated, unconnected (vs. connected)
- usage: no longer connected or joined; "a detached part"; "on one side of the island was a hugh rock, almost detached"; "the separated spacecraft will return to their home bases"
- 4. detached (vs. attached), freestanding, separate, semidetached
- usage: used of buildings; standing apart from others; "detached houses"; "a detached garage"
- 5. detached, unaffectionate, uncaring, unloving (vs. loving)
- usage: lacking affection or warm feeling; "an uncaring person"
- 6. detached, free, unfixed (vs. fixed)
- usage: not fixed in position; "the detached shutter fell on him"; "he pulled his arm free and ran"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of detached (Dictionary)