- 1. detail, item, point, fact
- usage: an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole; "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
- 2. detail, particular, item, part, portion, component part, component, constituent
- usage: a small part that can be considered separately from the whole; "it was perfect in all details"
- 3. detail, discussion, treatment, discourse
- usage: extended treatment of particulars; "the essay contained too much detail"
- 4. detail, gang, crew, work party
- usage: a crew of workers selected for a particular task; "a detail was sent to remove the fallen trees"
- 5. contingent, detail, military unit, military force, military group, force
- usage: a temporary military unit; "the peacekeeping force includes one British contingent"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. detail, elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate
- usage: provide details for
- 2. detail, assign, specify, set apart
- usage: assign to a specific task; "The ambulances were detailed to the fire station"
All rights reserved.
See also: detail (Dictionary)