WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. determinate (vs. indeterminate), fixed
- usage: precisely determined or limited or defined; especially fixed by rule or by a specific and constant cause; "a determinate distance"; "a determinate number"; "determinate variations in animals"
- 2. determinate (vs. indeterminate), cymose
- usage: not continuing to grow indefinitely at the apex; "determinate growth"
- 3. definitive, determinate, conclusive (vs. inconclusive)
- usage: supplying or being a final or conclusive settlement; "a definitive verdict"; "a determinate answer to the problem"
All rights reserved.
See also: determinate (Dictionary)