WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. determination, finding, discovery, find, uncovering
- usage: the act of determining the properties of something, usually by research or calculation; "the determination of molecular structures"
- 2. determination, purpose, resoluteness, firmness, firmness of purpose, resolve, resolution
- usage: the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose; "his determination showed in his every movement"; "he is a man of purpose"
- 3. decision, determination, conclusion, judgment, judgement, mind
- usage: a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration; "a decision unfavorable to the opposition"; "his conclusion took the evidence into account"; "satisfied with the panel's determination"
- 4. determination, decision making, deciding
- usage: deciding or controlling something's outcome or nature; "the determination of grammatical inflections"
- 5. decision, determination, conclusion, choice, selection, option, pick
- usage: the act of making up your mind about something; "the burden of decision was his"; "he drew his conclusions quickly"
All rights reserved.
See also: determination (Dictionary)