Synonyms of devil
- 1. Satan, Old Nick, Devil, Lucifer, Beelzebub, the Tempter, Prince of Darkness
- usage: (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell
- 2. devil, fiend, demon, daemon, daimon, evil spirit
- usage: an evil supernatural being
- 3. devil, deuce, dickens, exclamation, exclaiming
- usage: a word used in exclamations of confusion; "what the devil"; "the deuce with it"; "the dickens you say"
- 4. hellion, heller, devil, troublemaker, trouble maker, troubler, mischief-maker, bad hat
- usage: a rowdy or mischievous person (usually a young man); "he chased the young hellions out of his yard"
- 5. monster, fiend, devil, demon, ogre, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: a cruel wicked and inhuman person
- 1. annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil, displease
- usage: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- 2. devil, cook, fix, ready, make, prepare
- usage: coat or stuff with a spicy paste; "devilled eggs"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of devil (Dictionary)