- 1. devise, will, testament
- usage: a will disposing of real property
- 2. devise, gift, inheritance, heritage
- usage: (law) a gift of real property by will
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, formulate, forge, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort; "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
- 2. organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate, initiate, pioneer
- usage: arrange by systematic planning and united effort; "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
- 3. devise, bequeath, will, leave
- usage: give by will, especially real property
All rights reserved.
See also: devise (Dictionary)