- 1. give, dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one's talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
- 2. give, pay, devote, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: dedicate; "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
- 3. devote, reserve
- usage: set aside or apart for a specific purpose or use; "this land was devoted to mining"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. devoted, dedicated (vs. undedicated)
- usage: zealous in devotion or affection; "a devoted husband and father"; "devoted friends"
- 2. devoted(predicate), dedicated (vs. undedicated)
- usage: (followed by `to') dedicated exclusively to a purpose or use; "large sums devoted to the care of the poor"; "a life devoted to poetry"
All rights reserved.
See also: devoted (Dictionary)