Synonyms of digging
- 1. excavation, digging, dig, creating by removal
- usage: the act of digging; "there's an interesting excavation going on near Princeton"
- 1. dig, delve, cut into, turn over, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: turn up, loosen, or remove earth; "Dig we must"; "turn over the soil for aeration"
- 2. dig, dig out, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: create by digging; "dig a hole"; "dig out a channel"
- 3. labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil, work, do work
- usage: work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- 4. dig, dig up, dig out, excavate, unearth
- usage: remove, harvest, or recover by digging; "dig salt"; "dig coal"
- 5. dig, thrust
- usage: thrust down or into; "dig the oars into the water"; "dig your foot into the floor"
- 6. excavate, dig, hollow, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the inner part or the core of; "the mining company wants to excavate the hillside"
- 7. jab, prod, stab, poke, dig, thrust
- usage: poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
- 8. grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend, understand
- usage: get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
All rights reserved.