Synonyms of direction
- 1. direction, way, path, route, itinerary
- usage: a line leading to a place or point; "he looked the other direction"; "didn't know the way home"
- 2. direction, position, spatial relation
- usage: the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves; "he checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- 3. direction, inclination, disposition, tendency
- usage: a general course along which something has a tendency to develop; "I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"; "his ideals determined the direction of his career"; "they proposed a new direction for the firm"
- 4. guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
- 5. management, direction, social control
- usage: the act of managing something; "he was given overall management of the program"; "is the direction of the economy a function of government?"
- 6. direction, instruction, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message describing how something is to be done; "he gave directions faster than she could follow them"
- 7. steering, guidance, direction, control
- usage: the act of setting and holding a course; "a new council was installed under the direction of the king"
- 8. commission, charge, direction, command, bid, bidding, dictation
- usage: a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something; "the judge's charge to the jury"
- 9. focus, focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centering, concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion
- usage: the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of direction (Dictionary)