- 1. soil, dirt, earth, ground
- usage: the part of the earth's surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock
- 2. dirt, filth, grime, soil, stain, grease, grunge, dirtiness, uncleanness
- usage: the state of being covered with unclean things
- 4. scandal, dirt, malicious gossip, gossip, comment, scuttlebutt
- usage: disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dirt, ungraded, unimproved (vs. improved)
- usage: (of roads) not leveled or drained; unsuitable for all year travel
All rights reserved.
See also: dirt (Dictionary)