- 1. unplug, disconnect, undo
- usage: pull the plug of (electrical appliances) and render inoperable; "unplug the hair dryer after using it"
- 2. disconnect, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: make disconnected, disjoin or unfasten
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. staccato (vs. legato), disconnected, abrupt, disconnected
- usage: (music) marked by or composed of disconnected parts or sounds; cut short crisply; "staccato applause"; "a staccato command"; "staccato notes"
- 2. disconnected, disunited, fragmented, split, divided (vs. united)
- usage: having been divided; having the unity destroyed; "Congress...gave the impression of...a confusing sum of disconnected local forces"-Samuel Lubell; "a league of disunited nations"- E.B.White; "a fragmented coalition"; "a split group"
- 3. abrupt, disconnected, staccato (vs. legato), disconnected
- usage: marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions; "abrupt prose"
- 4. disconnected, off (vs. on)
- usage: not plugged in or connected to a power source; "the iron is disconnected"
- 5. confused, disconnected, disjointed, disordered, garbled, illogical, scattered, unconnected, incoherent (vs. coherent)
- usage: lacking orderly continuity; "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts"
All rights reserved.
See also: disconnected (Dictionary)