- 1. discourse, language unit, linguistic unit
- usage: extended verbal expression in speech or writing
- 2. sermon, discourse, preaching, address, speech
- usage: an address of a religious nature (usually delivered during a church service)
- 3. discussion, treatment, discourse, communication, communicating
- usage: an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic; "the book contains an excellent discussion of modal logic"; "his treatment of the race question is badly biased"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. discourse, talk about, discuss, cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address
- usage: to consider or examine in speech or writing; "The author talks about the different aspects of this question"; "The class discussed Dante's `Inferno'"
- 2. converse, discourse, talk, speak
- usage: carry on a conversation
- 3. hold forth, discourse, dissertate, talk, speak
- usage: talk at length and formally about a topic; "The speaker dissertated about the social politics in 18th century England"
All rights reserved.
See also: discourse (Dictionary)