Synonyms of discriminating
- 1. discriminate, know apart, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: recognize or perceive the difference
- 2. discriminate, separate, single out, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: treat differently on the basis of sex or race
- 3. discriminate, spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart
- usage: distinguish; "I could not discriminate the different tastes in this complicated dish"
- 1. discriminating (vs. undiscriminating), appreciative, diacritic, diacritical, discerning, discriminative, discriminatory, eclectic, good, selective, discerning, discriminate
- usage: showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur"
- 2. acute, discriminating, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp, perceptive (vs. unperceptive)
- usage: having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of discriminating (Dictionary)