Synonyms of disjunct
- 1. disjunct (vs. conjunct)
- usage: progressing melodically by intervals larger than a major second
- 2. disjunct, divided (vs. united)
- usage: having deep constrictions separating head, thorax, and abdomen, as in insects
- 3. disjunct, isolated, separate (vs. joint)
- usage: marked by separation of or from usually contiguous elements; "little isolated worlds, as abruptly disjunct and unexpected as a palm-shaded well in the Sahara"- Scientific Monthly
- 4. disjunct, discontinuous (vs. continuous), noncontinuous
- usage: used of distributions, as of statistical or natural populations; "disjunct distribution of king crabs"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of disjunct (Dictionary)