WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dislodge, free, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove or force out from a position; "The dentist dislodged the piece of food that had been stuck under my gums"; "He finally could free the legs of the earthquake victim who was buried in the rubble"
- 2. shift, dislodge, reposition, move, displace
- usage: change place or direction; "Shift one's position"
- 3. dislodge, bump, displace
- usage: remove or force from a position of dwelling previously occupied; "The new employee dislodged her by moving into her office space"
All rights reserved.
See also: dislodge (Dictionary)