- 1. dispatch, despatch, communique, report, news report, story, account, write up
- usage: an official report (usually sent in haste)
- 2. dispatch, despatch, shipment, departure, going, going away, leaving
- usage: the act of sending off something
- 3. dispatch, despatch, expedition, expeditiousness, celerity, quickness, rapidity, rapidness, speediness
- usage: the property of being prompt and efficient; "it was done with dispatch"
- 4. dispatch, despatch, killing, kill, putting to death
- usage: killing a person or animal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dispatch, despatch, send off, transport, send, ship
- usage: send away towards a designated goal
- 2. dispatch, discharge, complete, carry through, accomplish, execute, carry out, action, fulfill, fulfil
- usage: complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties"
- 3. murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove, kill
- usage: kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
- 4. dispatch, act, move
- usage: dispose of rapidly and without delay and efficiently; "He dispatched the task he was assigned"
- 5. dispatch, kill
- usage: kill without delay; "the traitor was dispatched by the conspirators"
All rights reserved.
See also: dispatch (Dictionary)