- 1. dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict, disagreement
- usage: a disagreement or argument about something important; "he had a dispute with his wife"; "there were irreconcilable differences"; "the familiar conflict between Republicans and Democrats"
- 2. dispute, contravention, resistance
- usage: coming into conflict with
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. challenge, dispute, gainsay, contest, contend, repugn
- usage: take exception to; "She challenged his claims"
- 2. quarrel, dispute, scrap, argufy, altercate, argue, contend, debate, fence
- usage: have a disagreement over something; "We quarreled over the question as to who discovered America"; "These two fellows are always scrapping over something"
All rights reserved.
See also: dispute (Dictionary)