Synonyms of distinct
- 1. distinct, distinguishable, different (vs. same)
- usage: (often followed by `from') not alike; different in nature or quality; "plants of several distinct types"; "the word `nationalism' is used in at least two distinct senses"; "gold is distinct from iron"; "a tree related to but quite distinct from the European beech"; "management had interests quite distinct from those of their employees"
- 2. distinct (vs. indistinct), chiseled, well-defined, clear, clean-cut, clear-cut, crisp, sharp, crystalline, defined, outlined, knifelike, razor-sharp, clear, definite, precise
- usage: easy to perceive; especially clearly outlined; "a distinct flavor"; "a distinct odor of turpentine"; "a distinct outline"; "the ship appeared as a distinct silhouette"; "distinct fingerprints"
- 3. discrete, distinct, separate (vs. joint)
- usage: constituting a separate entity or part; "a government with three discrete divisions"; "on two distinct occasions"
- 4. distinct, decided, definite (vs. indefinite)
- usage: recognizable; marked; "noticed a distinct improvement"; "at a distinct (or decided) disadvantage"
- 5. clear-cut, distinct, trenchant, clear (vs. unclear)
- usage: clearly or sharply defined to the mind; "clear-cut evidence of tampering"; "Claudius was the first to invade Britain with distinct...intentions of conquest"; "trenchant distinctions between right and wrong"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of distinct (Dictionary)