WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. differentiation, distinction, discrimination, secernment
- usage: a discrimination between things as different and distinct; "it is necessary to make a distinction between love and infatuation"
- 2. eminence, distinction, preeminence, note, high status
- usage: high status importance owing to marked superiority; "a scholar of great eminence"
- 3. distinction, quality
- usage: a distinguishing quality; "it has the distinction of being the cheapest restaurant in town"
- 4. distinction, difference
- usage: a distinguishing difference; "he learned the distinction between gold and lead"
All rights reserved.
See also: distinction (Dictionary)