Synonyms of distressed
- 1. straiten, distress, trouble, put out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother
- usage: bring into difficulties or distress, especially financial hardship
- 2. distress, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: cause mental pain to; "The news of her child's illness distressed the mother"
- 1. distressed, hard-pressed, hard put, in a bad way(predicate), troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: facing or experiencing financial trouble or difficulty; "distressed companies need loans and technical advice"; "financially hard-pressed Mexican hotels are lowering their prices"; "we were hard put to meet the mortgage payment"; "found themselves in a bad way financially"
- 2. dysphoric (vs. euphoric), distressed, unhappy, dejected, unhappy
- usage: generalized feeling of distress
- 3. stressed, distressed, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: suffering severe physical strain or distress; "he dropped out of the race, clearly distressed and having difficulty breathing"
- 4. disquieted, distressed, disturbed, upset, worried, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief; "too upset to say anything"; "spent many disquieted moments"; "distressed about her son's leaving home"; "lapsed into disturbed sleep"; "worried parents"; "a worried frown"; "one last worried check of the sleeping children"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of distressed (Dictionary)