Synonyms of disturbed
- 1. disturb, upset, trouble, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: move deeply; "This book upset me"; "A troubling thought"
- 2. agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up, move, displace
- usage: change the arrangement or position of
- 3. touch, disturb, change, alter, modify
- usage: tamper with; "Don't touch my CDs!"
- 4. interrupt, disturb, act, move
- usage: destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Don't interrupt me when I'm reading"
- 5. disturb, damage
- usage: damage as if by shaking or jarring; "Don't disturb the patient's wounds by moving him too rapidly!"
- 1. disturbed, disarranged (vs. arranged)
- usage: having the place or position changed; "the disturbed books and papers on her desk"; "disturbed grass showed where the horse had passed"
- 2. disquieted, distressed, disturbed, upset, worried, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief; "too upset to say anything"; "spent many disquieted moments"; "distressed about her son's leaving home"; "lapsed into disturbed sleep"; "worried parents"; "a worried frown"; "one last worried check of the sleeping children"
- 3. disturbed, maladjusted, neurotic (vs. unneurotic), psychoneurotic
- usage: emotionally unstable and having difficulty coping with personal relationships
- 4. brainsick, crazy, demented, disturbed, mad, sick, unbalanced, unhinged, insane (vs. sane)
- usage: affected with madness or insanity; "a man who had gone mad"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of disturbed (Dictionary)