WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deprive, strip, divest, take
- usage: take away possessions from someone; "The Nazis stripped the Jews of all their assets"
- 2. divest, disinvest, free, discharge
- usage: deprive of status or authority; "he was divested of his rights and his title"; "They disinvested themselves of their rights"
- 3. divest, disinvest, withdraw, draw, take out, draw off
- usage: reduce or dispose of; cease to hold (an investment); "The company decided to divest"; "the board of trustees divested $20 million in real estate property"; "There was pressure on the university to disinvest in South Africa"
- 4. strip, undress, divest, disinvest, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove (someone's or one's own) clothes; "The nurse quickly undressed the accident victim"; "She divested herself of her outdoor clothes"; "He disinvested himself of his garments"
All rights reserved.
See also: divest (Dictionary)