1. Godhead, Lord, Creator, Maker, Divine, God Almighty, Almighty, Jehovah
usage: terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
2. cleric, churchman, divine, ecclesiastic, clergyman, reverend, man of the cloth
usage: a clergyman or other person in religious orders
1. divine, perceive, comprehend
usage: perceive intuitively or through some inexplicable perceptive powers
2. divine, search, seek, look for
usage: search by divining, as if with a rod; "He claimed he could divine underground water"
1. divine, godly, heavenly (vs. earthly)
usage: emanating from God; "divine judgment"; "divine guidance"; "everything is black or white...satanic or godly"-Saturday Review
2. providential, divine, heavenly (vs. earthly)
usage: resulting from divine providence; "providential care"; "a providential visitation"
3. divine, godlike, heavenly (vs. earthly)
usage: being or having the nature of a god; "the custom of killing the divine king upon any serious failure of his...powers"-J.G.Frazier; "the divine will"; "the divine capacity for love"; "'Tis wise to learn; 'tis God-like to create"-J.G.Saxe
4. divine, sacred (vs. profane)
usage: devoted to or in the service or worship of a deity; "divine worship"; "divine liturgy"
5. divine, godlike, superhuman (vs. subhuman)
usage: appropriate to or befitting a god; "the divine strength of Achilles"; "a man of godlike sagacity"; "man must play God for he has acquired certain godlike powers"-R.H.Roveref