Synonyms of dodging
- 1. evasion, escape, dodging, negligence, carelessness, neglect, nonperformance
- usage: nonperformance of something distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you are supposed to do; "his evasion of his clear duty was reprehensible"; "that escape from the consequences is possible but unattractive"
- 2. dodge, dodging, scheme, falsehood, falsity, untruth
- usage: a statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery
- 3. avoidance, turning away, shunning, dodging, rejection
- usage: deliberately avoiding; keeping away from or preventing from happening
- 1. dodge, move
- usage: make a sudden movement in a new direction so as to avoid; "The child dodged the teacher's blow"
- 2. dodge, move
- usage: move to and fro or from place to place usually in an irregular course; "the pickpocket dodged through the crowd"
- 3. hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep, avoid
- usage: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
All rights reserved.