WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dollar, monetary unit
- usage: the basic monetary unit in many countries; equal to 100 cents
- 2. dollar, dollar bill, one dollar bill, buck, clam, bill, note, government note, bank bill, banker's bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note, greenback
- usage: a piece of paper money worth one dollar
- 3. dollar, coin
- usage: a United States coin worth one dollar; "the dollar coin has never been popular in the United States"
- 4. dollar, dollar mark, dollar sign, symbol
- usage: a symbol of commercialism or greed; "he worships the almighty dollar"; "the dollar sign means little to him"
All rights reserved.
See also: dollar (Dictionary)